Some days I seem to forget so easy how beautiful life is and instead focus or get stuck into a state of I wish I could’s or perhaps it would be better if’s, which isn’t a bad thing as day dreaming could bring into the picture something extraordinary for the soul but it also cuts me off from the present moment, the point where I experience life fully in the now. Whenever I feel my emotions drifting towards these states where I could be tempted to stay longer than needed, I think it a great idea to count my blessings so I can come back to where I am at the moment.
How often do you count your blessings?
It seems a cliché but, seriously, do we really spend time thinking about the little things present in our lives that treat us or support us to continue on this fantastical journey called life that we experience, with everything it encompasses?
So today I thought to write a few of my present blessings, maybe inspire you to do the same.
- I live in a peaceful area.
- I hear children laughing every day.
- The weather is beautiful most days and I have a beautiful view as well, plus the sky.
- I do what I love (writing, cooking, long baths or relax) whenever I feel like doing it.
- I become healthier every day. (Even with my sugar treats.)
- I have the longest hair I ever grew and I love it.
- I get free Italian coffee.
- I started the truest relationship I ever had a while ago.
- I sleep longer hours than I used to.
- I have learned to say No.